Skip to main content

Fire starts in van

Published October 15. 2012 05:05PM

Firefighters quickly doused a blaze that started in a van in Towamensing Township on Saturday night.

Fire Chief Wayne Knirnschild said early Monday that the fire spread from the van to the eaves of a garage, but that there was only some water damage to the garage doors.

The resident of the home, off Forest Inn Road, was taken to the hospital after trying to extinguish the fire, Knirnschild said.

Details on the location and of the fire were not available as of early Monday.

Towamensing Township, Franklin Township, Aquashicola, and Palmerton fire companies, as well as Lehighton and Palmerton ambulance crews, responded.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries