Skip to main content

Man charged with kidnapping incident in Lansford

Published November 30. 2012 05:02PM

David Zagata II, 38, of 15 S. 2nd St., St. Clair, faces charges from an incident which took place on Nov. 11 on W. Patterson St., Lansford. Charges of kidnapping, unlawful restraint, burglary, simple assault, and criminal trespass were filed by Det./Sgt. Jack Soberick.

According to an affidavit of probable cause, here's what happened:

Soberick was alerted by St. Clair Officer Chad Seitzinger that he had a possible kidnapping victim from Lansford in his borough. Seitzinger told Soberick that he had responded to a call for assistance, and had met a Levi Zagata, who said he had been taken from his home in Lansford against his will.

At about 2 a.m., Levi Zagata had gotten a ride home with his girlfriend, Lisa Price, who brought him from the St. Clair police station to the one in Lansford. Soberick interviewed both people, obtaining statements with the following information:

Levi Zagata is involved with David Zagata's former girlfriend, Melissa Price, and lives with her and her children from the previous relationship. The children are 14, 12, 11, 3 and 2 years old.

At about 7 p.m. Nov. 11, David Zagata II entered the home, at 439 W. Patterson St., unannounced, "bursting in" through a closed and latched door. Once inside, he became violent and threatening, telling Levi Zagata he would kill him if he didn't do what David Zagata told him to do. David Zagata also said he would kill Price and the children if Levi Zagata failed to comply.

David Zagata pulled a large knife from a kitchen drawer and brandished it at Levi Zagata. He told Levi Zagata they were going to leave the house, and if he resisted, he would be killed. David Zagata began to strike himself in the face, and threatened to kill everyone in the house, including himself.

Fearing for his life and for Price and the children, Levi Zagata left with David Zagata. He was placed into the back seat of the car, with David Zagata then sitting next to him. The car was driven by an unidentified woman, who was told to drive to St. Clair. On the way, David Zagata continued to threaten Levi, Price and the children, telling Levi the only way to avoid harm to himself, Price and the children was to never have contact with them again.

David Zagata took Levi Zagata to their mother's house at 15 S. 2nd St, St. Clair. Levi Zagata was kept there for hours, during which time he tried to calm David Zagata by agreeing with everything he said. At one point, while David Zagata was on the phone talking to his girlfriend, Levi Zagata was able to slip away to a convenience store, where he asked the clerk to call police.

Price told police she had gotten a call at work about her 4-year-old son, who was very upset. The boy told her that Levi Zagata had just left with David Zagata, who is his father. Price told police the child was very upset and wanted to know why David Zagata had been yelling and punching himself.

Price also said she had received calls that night from David Zagata, who said he would kill himself before going back to jail. She said David Zagata continued to call her home and cell phones, as well as text her more than 20 times each, telling her that if she did not talk with him, she would regret it, as it was all her fault.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar


October 2017


Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries