Skip to main content

Apartment building guttedby morning fire in Port Carbon

Published November 28. 2012 05:02PM

Firefighters were still on scene as of 10 a.m. today battling a fast-moving fire that gutted a two-unit apartment building and connected home located at 231 and 233 Coal Street in Port Carbon. Around 7:45 this morning, heavy smoke could be seen billowing from the duplex home. Lamar and Katrina Staller own the house at 231 Coal St. and live there with their daughter Becky, 14. Firefighters said two cats did not survive the fire. Officials on scene said that faulty wires in the first floor of 233 Coal St. were the cause of the blaze. No more information was available as of press time. Smoke could be seen for miles as firefighters responded to the three-unit duplex fire in Port Carbon this morning.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar


October 2017


Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed


Bombers get creative with parade floats

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Some of Palmerton’...

Man faces charges for shooting his dog

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Charges have been...

Extension hosts annual dinner

40.7986942, -75.8104747

The Carbon County Ex...

Reader Photo Galleries