Skip to main content

Apartment building guttedby morning fire in Port Carbon

  • ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/TIMES NEWS
    ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/TIMES NEWS
Published November 28. 2012 05:02PM

Firefighters were still on scene as of 10 a.m. today battling a fast-moving fire that gutted a two-unit apartment building and connected home located at 231 and 233 Coal Street in Port Carbon. Around 7:45 this morning, heavy smoke could be seen billowing from the duplex home. Lamar and Katrina Staller own the house at 231 Coal St. and live there with their daughter Becky, 14. Firefighters said two cats did not survive the fire. Officials on scene said that faulty wires in the first floor of 233 Coal St. were the cause of the blaze. No more information was available as of press time. Smoke could be seen for miles as firefighters responded to the three-unit duplex fire in Port Carbon this morning.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Nearby

Faith Alive UMC hosts ‘Revival on Purpose!’

40.804927, -75.656958

Faith Alive UMC, 678...

Pumpkin social in Tamaqua

40.7986307, -75.9683447

Zion Lutheran Church...

Feed the People hosts Halloween celebration

40.830215, -75.88356

Feed the People is h...

STEP-Up Tamaqua to meet Monday

40.798347, -75.970851

STEP-Up Tamaqua will...

Reader Photo Galleries