Palmerton Area Library is comfy and cozy
The Palmerton Area Library is a cornucopia of activities for everyone.
• Preschool Story Hour is every Friday at 10:30 a.m. It is free and open to the public and will continue throughout the school year.
• Tail Waggin' Tutors Kids read to Dogs the second Saturday of each month from 11 a.m. until noon.
It is free but parents must preregister for a time slot by calling the library at (610) 826-3424. The next program will be Saturday, Nov. 10.
• Watercolor Painting Classes are offered two days a week for children. Call the teacher at (610) 824-4962 for more information.
• Homework Helpers meet every Wednesday from 3-4:30 p.m. Volunteer tutors will help your child with his/her homework and other assignments. It is free but parents must register each child.
• Teen Advisory Group is for teens in grades 5-12. New members are always welcome.
Check out the painted mural done by the teens this summer. Call the library and ask for Mariann for details.
Activities for any age include:
• Knitting Club meets the first and third Monday of each month from 6-8 p.m. It is free and open to anyone interested in knitting and crocheting of all skill levels. The club meets all year long.
• The Third Monday Book Club meets the third Monday of each month from noon until 1 p.m. and discusses a different book each month.
On Nov. 19 the club will be discussing "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand. New members are always welcome.
• Yoga classes are offered every Saturday morning at 9 a.m. Call the teacher at (570) 436-1762 for more information or stop in on Saturday mornings.
• Library board of directors meets the third Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. Meetings are open to the public. The next meeting is Nov. 14 due to the holidays.
• Friends of the Palmerton Area Library meet four times a year. The next meeting will be Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2013 at 7 p.m.
• The Quilt Guild meets at the library on the second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. Please use the side door. Bring your ideas and enthusiasm.
• Cake and cupcake decorating classes are held every Saturday and Tuesday. Call the library to sign up. Class size is limited.
Volunteers are always needed to sort and place books on shelves.
New books arrive on a weekly basis as well as movies, puzzles and CD's in the basement book sale area.
The Annual Fund Drive is going on now. Show your support for the Palmerton Area Library by making a donation today.
You can donate online with a credit card by going to the library website at: www.palmertonarealibrary.com or call (610) 826-3424 for information about all the coming events at the library.