Three more shows announced for Penn's Peak in Jim Thorpe
Dark Star Orchestra, best known for re-creating concerts of the Grateful Dead, has a concert set for Penn's Peak in Jim Thorpe on Thursday, May 31.
Three more concerts have been announced to the 2012 lineup at Penn's Peak in Jim Thorpe.
• Lita Ford on Thursday, July 12. Tickets go on sale to the public on May 18.
• Paul Revere & the Raiders on Friday, Oct. 26. Tickets go on sale to the public on May 18.
• The Lettermen - The Christmas Tour on Saturday, Dec. 8. Tickets go on sale to the public on June 2.
Tickets for all three concerts are available to Sneak Peek Club members.
Meanwhile, next up at the venue is the Grateful Dead tribute band, Dark Star Orchestra, with a performance at 8 p.m. on Thursday, May 31.
For over 13 years and - as of this tour - more than 2,300 shows, Dark Star Orchestra has embodied the Grateful Dead's live experience. for fans both old and too young to have ever seen their own Grateful Dead show.
Recreating historic Grateful Dead set lists, and intermittently crafting their own, Dark Star Orchestra offers a continually evolving artistic outlet within the Grateful Dead's musical canon.
Matching equipment, stage layout and even members (various eras could included female vocals or multiple drummers), Dark Star Orchestra's determined commitment to 'raising the Dead' has earned them high praise.
Lita Ford has a busy summer touring schedule, traveling the circuit with Def Leppard and Poison, but will do a solo concert at Penn's Peak.
The British-born, American rock musician and singer was the lead guitarist for The Runaways and achieved popularity for her solo career between the 1980s and early 2010s.
Charted songs include "Kiss Me Deadly" and "Close My Eyes Forever" with Ozzy Osbourne.
Paul Revere & The Raiders have been around a long time, with long-time members. The group consists of founding member Paul Revere, Doug Heath (group's lead guitarist for over 35 years), Ron Foos (bassist for over 35 years), Danny Krause (keyboardist for over 28 years), Darren Dowler (lead vocalist and Vocal Group Hall of Fame inductee) and Tommy Scheckel (drummer and newest member).
Hits the band had were "Indian Reservation" and "Him or Me (What's It Gonna Be)."
The Christmas show by The Lettermen is one of two holiday concerts announced at Penn's Peak.
Country singer Travis Tritt has a Christmas show on Nov. 30.
You can be assured there will be little similarities between the performances of Tritt and the Lettermen.
The Lettermen have their own harmonious style that has resulted in huge album sales for more than five decades.
• 31 - Dark Star Orchestra, 8 p.m. Tickets $24 advance, $29 day of show.
• 2 - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, 8 p.m. Tickets $24 advance, $29 day of show.
• 8 - America - 40th Anniversary Tour, 8 p.m. Tickets $35 and $40.
• 9 - Southern Fury Tour with Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, and Jimmie Van Zant, 8 p.m. Tickets $25 advance, $30 day of show.
• 14 - Kellie Pickler, 8 p.m. Tickets $32 and $37.
• 15 - 7 Bridges - The Ultimate Eagles Experience, 8 p.m. Tickets $17 advance, $22 day of show.
• 16 - The Machine, 8 p.m. Tickets $25 and $30.
• 24 - Steven Wright, 8 p.m. Tickets $29 and $34.
• 29 - Foreigner, 8 p.m. Tickets $45 and $55.
• 30 - Johnny Winter with special guest Magic Slim & The Teardrops, 8 p.m. Tickets $25 advance, $30 day of show.
• 1 - Cinderella, 8 p.m. - Tickets $30 advance, $35 day of show.
• 12 - Lita Ford, 8 p.m. Tickets $19 advance, $24 day of show. (Tickets on sale May 18).
• 13 - Arrival - World's Greatest ABBA Tribute, 8 p.m. Tickets $23 and $28.
• 14 - Raymond the Amish Comic, 8 p.m. Tickets $15 advance, $20 day of show.
• 15 - Yonder Mountain String Band, 8 p.m. Tickets $17 advance, $22 day of show.
• 19 - Uriah Heep, 8 p.m. Tickets $22 advance, $27 day of show.
• 20 - Jim Messina, 8 p.m. Tickets $23 advance, $28 day of show.
• 27 - 7 Walkers, 8 p.m. Tickets $20 advance, $25 day of show.
• 18 - Vince Gill, 8 p.m. Tickets $49 and $54.
• 5 - Herman's Hermits - Starring Peter Noone, 8 p.m. Tickets $27 and $32.
• 14 - Tanya Tucker, 8 p.m. Tickets $29 and $34.
• 26 - Paul Revere and the Raiders, 8 p.m. Tickets $32 and $27 (Tickets on sale May 18).
• 30 - Travis Tritt - Christmas Show, 8 p.m. Tickets $37 and $42.
• 8 - The Lettermen, The Christmas Tour, 8 p.m. Tickets $32 and $27. (Tickets on sale June 2)
• May 8, 9, and 10 - Branson Fever: Tim Gillis and Twitty Fever.
• May 15, 16, and 17 - King Henry & The Showmen.
• May 23 and 24 - Harry James Orchestra.
• June 6 and 7 - The Diamonds.
• Sept. 11, 12, and 13 - The World Famous Glenn Miller Orchestra under the direction of Gary Tole.
• Oct. 10 and 11 - Bill Haley's Comets.
• Oct. 16, 17, and 18 - King Henry & The Show: King Henry's Anniversary Comedy Special.
• Oct. 23 and 24 - The Swing Dolls.
(For reservations or additional information on luncheon shows, phone 877-SO-GO-EAT (877-764-6328)