PV hires interim principal
A retired Lehighton Area School District principal will be filling in for her counterpart in Panther Valley.
Former Franklin Elementary School Principal Gloria Bowman, who retired from her job as Lehighton Area School District's director of curriculum, instruction and grant writing in 2010, was hired Thursday as interim principal at Panther Valley Elementary School from Aug. 6 through Sept. 6. She'll be paid $260.23 a day.
Bowman, who worked for Lehighton for 36 years, will substitute for Panther Valley Elementary School Principal William Lombardo, who is out on sick leave.
In other personnel moves, the board:
• Accepted a settlement agreement with Teamsters Local 773 to resolve Grievance #1, Grievance #2 and an Unfair Practice Charge;
• Reappointed Elizabeth Wehr as middle school disciplinarian at $22,500;
• Agreed to continue the employment of Mary Ann Holovack as nonpublic reading teacher at $30 an hour for 15 hours a week;
• Approved Brenda Chasarik as permanent, part-time transportation clerk at $10.60 an hour retroactive to July 1;
• Appointed Amanda Kusko as teacher of the gifted, effective immediately, at $135 a day, two days a week, not to exceed 85 days per year;
• Agreed to continue the employment of Carrie Selinko as elementary school health room associate at $31,500;
• Reappointed Raymond Bressi as high school disciplinarian at $22,500;
• Entered into an agreement for services with PA Treatment & Healing for the upcoming school year;
• Approved an agreement with Children's Service Center, Wyoming Valley;
• Approved a contract with Justice Works Youth Care, Pittsburgh, not to exceed $10,000 annually.