Mahoning tables request by officer to attend training
During their regularly scheduled meeting, Mahoning Township supervisors also acted upon the following items:
• Tabled a request for training by township officer Amie Barclay until the supervisors receive some answers to questions regarding the content of the course. Barclay would attend during her time off, but if approved would be paid straight time for attending as is the custom in the township.
• Approved unanimously the recommendation of the road committee to hire Robert Kern, Sr. as a full-time department worker starting at $15.11 per hour and increasing to $17.00 after his six months of probation.
• Approved unanimously the 2011 Exoneration List and Delinquent Real Estate Tax list for Mahoning Township.
• Approved unanimously an extension until July 31, 2012 for the Packerton Yards project.
• Approved unanimously to allow Packer Township to join the Joint Board of Appeals for the Uniform Construction code hearings.
• Approved the sale of the stripped 2003 Ford Crown Victoria that was used as a police car.