Skip to main content

Smoke scare in Coaldale on Friday

  • ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/TIMES NEWS Coaldale firefighters Lonnie Ahner, top, and Chris Galloway, on ladder, get assistance from fellow firefighters as they investigate the smoke.
    ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/TIMES NEWS Coaldale firefighters Lonnie Ahner, top, and Chris Galloway, on ladder, get assistance from fellow firefighters as they investigate the smoke.
Published January 23. 2012 05:05PM

After tenants reported seeing smoke coming from their housing unit at 409 East Ridge Street in Coaldale Friday night, firefighters from Coaldale, Tamaqua, Lansford and Summit Hill responded quickly.

Firemen used ladders to scale the roof of the building and found the cause to be a faulty wood burner.

On further investigation, firefighters found multiple code and safety violations and cited the landlord.

Also responding were Lansford Ambulance, Coaldale Police and fire police.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Nearby

Faith Alive UMC hosts ‘Revival on Purpose!’

40.804927, -75.656958

Faith Alive UMC, 678...

Pumpkin social in Tamaqua

40.7986307, -75.9683447

Zion Lutheran Church...

Feed the People hosts Halloween celebration

40.830215, -75.88356

Feed the People is h...

STEP-Up Tamaqua to meet Monday

40.798347, -75.970851

STEP-Up Tamaqua will...

Reader Photo Galleries