Skip to main content

House burns in Kunkletown area

  • larry neff/special to the times news
    larry neff/special to the times news
Published January 07. 2012 09:02AM

A Monroe county family is homeless after a fire ripped through their Eldred Township home Thursday evening. The fire was first reported just after 5 p.m. when family members reported the smell of smoke in the home in the 3600 block of Lower Smith Gap Road. When firefighters arrived on scene flames were shooting from the two-and-a-half story wood-frame, single-family dwelling. The family managed to escape the flames safely. Due to the remote location water had to be tanked into the site. No injuries were reported in the incident.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries