Eldred Township supervisors hold reorganization meeting
Eldred Township's board of supervisors held its annual reorganization meeting Jan. 3 with few changes.
Clair Borger was reappointed as chairman, Gretchen Gannon Pettit as vice chairman and Sharon Solt as secretary/treasurer. Michael Kaspszyk remains the township solicitor.
Other appointments that were approved 3-0 include:
• Hanover Engineering Inc., specifically Brien Kocher and Chad Peters as township engineers, at the rate specified in their Dec. 16, 2011 letter
• Russ Kresge as alternate township engineer
• Borger as road master
• Hanover Engineering, specifically Jacob Schray, Scott Brown, Janice Buskirk, Jeffrey Huff and Christopher Taylor as township sewage enforcement officers, at the rates specified in their Dec. 16 letter
• Pettit as administrative assistant
• Ellerslie Helm as zoning and codes officer
• Marilyn Ludwig of Hanover Engineering as building code official (BCO) and any certified third party inspector to administer the UCC inspection
• Bruce Gower as UCC Joint Board of Appeals officer
• Berkheimer Associates, via the Monroe County Tax Collection Committee, as the Earned Income Tax Collector
• Solt and Pettit as Earned Income Tax Collection Liaisons
• Monroe County Tax Collection Committee Appointee as Earned Income Tax Appeals Officer
• Gary Hoffman as Emergency Management coordinator
• Gary Hoffman as Vacancy Board chairman
• Archie Craig and Philip Marano, Planning Commission, to four year terms expiring Dec. 31, 2015
• Daniel Lyons as Planning Commission solicitor
• Albert Aumack as Zoning Hearing Board member, with the term to expire Dec. 31, 2014
• Chad Martinez as Interim Zoning Hearing Board solicitor, until the board convenes and holds its reorganization meeting
• Solt as voting delegate to PSATS State Convention
• Pettit as the Open Records officer
• Solt and Craig as members of the CJER Regional Comprehensive Plan Committee
The board also approved:
• to secure a Treasurer's Bond in the amount of $200,000 from Traveler's Casualty and Surety Company of America, from H.A. Thompson
• to secure a Public Employee Bond from Traveler's Casualty and Surety Company of America, from H.A. Thompson
• Kunkletown Volunteer Fire Company as the primary designee, subject to the 9-1-1 Center assessment of need to cover Eldred Township
• West End Ambulance as the primary designee to cover Eldred Township, subject to the 9-1-1 Center assessment of need
• the township funds are to be deposited in First Niagara Bank and PLGIT
Solt made a motion, seconded by Pettit and it was voted 3-0, to currently keep the township employees wages at the 2011 level, except for an increase to one of the part-time road crew since he is now working on a regular basis. (It was noted that the working supervisors' wages are subject to the auditors approval.)
The 2012 wages are:
• Roadmaster: $20.00 (working supervisor)
• Full-time road crew: Employee #1, $17.70; Employee #2, $17.29; Employee #3, $16.14
• Part-time road crew: Employee #1, $13.84; Employee #2, $13.00
• Secretary-treasurer: $17.81 (working supervisor)
• Zoning officer, $13.84
• Administrative assistant, $13.77 (working supervisor)
• Maintenance: Employee #1, $11.53
• Planning Commissioners and Zoning Hearing Board members: $25.00 per meeting.
The board approved 3-0 to retain the benefits as outlined in the employee policy handbook and retain the current Blue Cross PPO for eligible employees, as designated in the Employee Policy Handbook: 13 holidays; two sick days per year; this can be carried over to the following year(s).
• All other benefits as designated in the Employee Policy Handbook
It was voted 3-0 to use the IRS mileage rate of 55.5 cents per mile.
It was voted 3-0 to keep the first Wednesday of each month as the supervisors' meeting date, at 7:30 p.m., held in the municipal building.