Skip to main content

Five homeless in S. Hill fire

Published February 21. 2012 05:01PM

Five people reportedly were displaced from their Summit Hill residence during an electrical fire yesterday afternoon.

The incident occurred at 337 Carbon Avenue.

The fire department was called because smoke was seen coming from a receptacle.

Janice Osborne, media director for the American Red Cross of the Greater Lehigh Valley, said her organization assisted the family.

She said the Red Cross was called at 8:57 p.m. to assist a family of three adults and two children displaced from their home by the fire.

The Red Cross provided lodging, meals and toiletry items to the family.

Initially, fire departments from Summit Hill, Lansford, Coaldale, and Tamaqua were dispatched to the scene. The latter three departments were called-off when it was determined the fire was contained to the area of the receptacle.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

November 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   
  

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries