The13 folds of the American flag
The actual first two folds are lengthwise into half and then into quarters. Starting at the end with the stripes, it is folded in triangles.
1.The first fold is a symbol of life.
2. A symbol of our belief in eternal life.
3. In honor and remembrance of the veterans departing the ranks who gave a portion of their lives for the defense of the country to obtain peace.
4. Represents the weaker nature, for as American citizens trusting in God, it is to Him we turn in time of peace as well as in times of war for divine guidance.
5. A tribute to the United States.
6. Where our heart lies. It is with our heart we pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America.
7. A tribute to the armed forces for it is through the armed forces that we protect our country and our flag against its enemies.
8. A tribute to the one who entered into the valley of the shadow of death, and to our mothers.
9. A tribute to womanhood.
10. A tribute to father.
11. In the eyes of a Hebrew citizen represents the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon, and glorifies the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
12. In the eyes of a Christian citizen represents an emblem of eternity and glorifies God the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.
When it is completely folded the stars are uppermost reminding us of our motto, "In God We Trust."
13. The edges are tucked in and it takes the form of a cocked hat as a reminder of the military that preserves the rights, privileges and freedom we enjoy.