Skip to main content

On this date

Published February 17. 2012 05:01PM

The complete interior of the Kaijay Pants Company factory, 44 W. Catawissa St., Nesquehoning, was gutted by fire today which had its inception at 2:30 p.m. The complete interior and rear of the building, formerly the Newton Theater, was ravished by the flames. The fire was fought by firefighters from the Nesquehoning, Lansford, Mauch Chunk, and Lehighton. Harry Koplin, 67, of Hazleton, properitor of the mill, estimated 10,000 garments - slacks and shorts - were consumed in the fire.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

November 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   
  

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries