Commissioners make appointments
Several people received appointments to various Carbon County boards on Thursday.
During the county commissioners' meeting, the board voted on several appointments, reappointments and resignations. They include:
• Reappoint Wallace Putkowski of Lehighton to a five-year term on the Airport Authority.
• Reappoint David McGeehan of Palmerton to a three-year term on the Carbon-Monroe-Pike Drug and Alcohol Advisory Board.
• Reappoint Mark A. Sverchek of Lehighton to a five-year term on the Industrial Development Authority.
• Accept the resignation of Janet Herman of Jim Thorpe on the Carbon-Monroe-Pike Mental Health/Developmental Services Advisory Board. Herman had been a member of the board since March 30, 2006.
• Appoint Susan Barradale of Albrightsville to a three-year term on the Carbon-Monroe-Pike Mental Health/Developmental Services Advisory Board.
• Reappoint Dorothy (Wink) Eberts of Andreas to a three-year term on the Carbon-Monroe-Pike Mental Health/Developmental Services Advisory Board.
• Accept the resignation of Franklin T. Hodel of Lehighton on the Parks and Recreation Commission. He was a member of the board since Jan. 14, 1993.
The board also acted on the following items.
• Approve an amendment to the 1997 Monitoring Service Agreement between Carbon County Adult Probation and Behavioral Interventions Inc., reducting the monitoring service charge from $3 to $1.92 per unit per active day and replacing freight terms to state that BI will pay cost of shipping via ground delivery; agency will pay additional cost if alternative shipping methods are requested.
• Approve the continuation of subgrant 24032 under the Juvenile Accountability Block Grant with the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency to fund the Community Service Work Clerk position. The project period is April 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014 and the total award is $10,000.
• Approve a proposal by Susquehanna Group Advisors Inc. of Harrisburg for financial consulting services for 2013 at a fee not to exceed $73,800.
• Adopt a resolution supporting the designation of a five-county metropolitan planning organization, adopting geographic boundaries for the transportation planning area to carry out a continuous, cooperative and comprehensive transportation planning program required under federal law.
• Approve the personnel report, which calls for employment separations of two employees Gerard P. Healy of Albrightsville as chief ranger, Parks; and Kaylie L. Otto of Jim Thorpe as clerk, Tax Assessment Office. Both employment separations are effective Dec. 31, 2012.