Annual Schuylkill County FirefightersConvention starts Sunday in Pine Grove
The 58th Annual Schuylkill County Volunteer Firefighters Convention is being held Sunday, August 19 to Saturday, August 25 in Pine Grove. The convention is being hosted by the Pine Grove Hose Hook & Ladder, H.H. & L, fire company.
The following are the events to date:
SUNDAY, August 19:
- Memorial Service at 6 p.m. at St. Peters Lutheran Church, 312 S. Tulpehocken St., Pine Grove.
MONDAY, August 20:
- Life Lion Helicopter at the firehouse.
- Family Night at Pine Theater at 7:00 p.m. (Free Admission).
- County Training Exercise, sponsored by Schuylkill County EMA at 6:30 p.m.
TUESDAY, August 21:
- Mug Night and firemen's party at 6:30 p.m. at Pine Grove H. H. & L. Fire Co., 1 Orchard St., Pine Grove.
WEDNESDAY, August 22:
- Delegates Dinner at 6:30 p.m. at Pine Grove H. H. & L. Fire Co., 1 Orchard St., Pine Grove.
THURSDAY, August 23:
- Bingo starting at 6:15 p.m. at Pine Grove H. H. & L. Fire Co., 1 Orchard St., Pine Grove.
- Free Kids Bowling at 7 PM at Pine Lanes, 87 Tremont Road, Pine Grove.
FRIDAY, August 24:
- Operation Hugs and Kisses is holding an Old Fashioned Family Day at 5:30 p.m..
- Fireworks at dusk.
SATURDAY, August 25:
- Breakfast by Operations Hugs & Kisses at 8 a.m.
- Convention Parade at 1:30 p.m. (includes fly over from Hershey Life Lion to start the parade).
PARADE ROUTE: School Street, left onto East Pottsville Street, left onto South Tulpehocken Street, left onto Maple Street, left onto Mifflin Street, right onto Morris Street and a left onto Carbon Street. The high school bands will make a right onto West Mill street and go to the Lions Den. All other bands and emergency equipment will make a left onto West Mill Street and a left onto Conrad Richter Drive and proceed to the firehouse for the after parade festivaties.
For more information, or if you would like to become a sponsor or are a non-profit group and would like to get involved, please contact organizers at email@example.com or visit http://www.hosehookandladder.org/2012-schuylkill-county-firefighters-convention/