Chimney collapses, injuring man in Palmerton
TERRY AHNER/TIMES NEWS Palmerton emergency personnel assist Joseph Turoscy, 69, of Palmerton, after he was trapped under a chimney that collapsed at a house located at 222 Delaware Avenue early this morning.
A Palmerton man has been hospitalized after he was trapped under a chimney that collapsed early this morning.
Palmerton Police officer Christopher Ritter said Joseph Turoscy, 69, was digging up a cement slab at a home at 222 Delaware Avenue at around 8:27 a.m. when the incident occurred.
Ritter said upon arrival, he found Turoscy on his knees, with the chimney on top of one of his legs.
Turoscy suffered injuries to his left leg, foot, as well as facial injuries, Ritter said. He was transported to Lehigh Valley Hospital by ground, Ritter said.
Also assisting at the scene were Palmerton Community Ambulance, Palmerton Fire Department, and Lehighton Ambulance Association.