Skip to main content

Edgemont employee injured in propane explosion

Published September 02. 2011 05:01PM

A propane explosion on Wednesday injured at least one employee at Edgemont Lodge Assisted Living/Personal Care Home in Lansford.

Details were sketchy as of early Friday, but sources said the incident happened in the facility's kitchen on Wednesday.

Neither the extent of the explosion nor its cause were clear. Facility Administrator Corey Perry did not immediately return a telephone call Friday morning.

The injured employee, who did not want to be identified, confirmed an incident occurred, but declined to discuss it.

Andrea Visnosky, spokeswoman for St. Luke's Miners Memorial Hospital, Coaldale, confirmed that the employee was treated in the emergency department Wednesday, then flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital, Cedar Crest. The person was discharged from the hospital on Thursday.

Lansford police and American Fire Co. No. 1 Second Assistant Chief Joe Greco said they were not aware of the incident. Carbon County Emergency Management Coordinator said nothing had been reported to him, either.

State Department of Public Welfare spokeswoman Anne Bale said her agency would have a team on site today to investigate the matter. facilities such as Edgemont are "required to report these types of incidents to us, by phone and writing," she said.

DPW did not receive a phone request, and agency staff are reviewing written notifications, she said.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar


October 2017


Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed


Bombers get creative with parade floats

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Some of Palmerton’...

Man faces charges for shooting his dog

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Charges have been...

Extension hosts annual dinner

40.7986942, -75.8104747

The Carbon County Ex...

Reader Photo Galleries