Lineup set for today's 41st Lehighton Halloween Parade
The 41st annual Lehighton Halloween Parade, which will be held at 5 p.m. Saturday, will have six division and six bands.
Julie Harris, parade committee chairman, said the parade will be led by Grand Marshal Mazie Ziegler, 98, of Lehighton, who was a librarian in Lehighton schools for 34 years.
The parade forms at Eighth and Coal Street, heads on Coal to Third Street, continues down Third Street to Mahoning Street, and proceeds on Mahoning to Eighth. From there it heads to the Community Grove where it disbands.
The judging stand will be in front of the Lehighton Borough Annex.
There will be marching units, floats, antique cars, fire trucks, and ambulances.
Harris said the parade is financed entirely by donations.
Donations can be sent to Lehighton Area Halloween Parade, P. O. Box 241, Lehighton, PA.
The parade line-up was announced by Harris.
Form on Eighth Street between Coal Street and Beaver Run Road.
Marshalls: Committee members Charles Harris, Hilbert "Hilly" Haas, and Judy Harris, secretary/treasurer of the parade committee.
1. Carbon County Sheriff Department - Sgt. David Midas
2. Parade beggers.
3. Lehighton Police Department - Officer in Charge, Sgt. Joseph Lawrence & Mayor Donald Rehrig.
4. United Veterans Organization.
5. Lehighton Area High School Marching Band; director, Bryan Buffington.
6. Grand Marshall Mazie Ziegler.
7. Daisy Troop 31, "Reaching New Heights With Daisy Troop 31."
8. State Representative Doyle Heffley.
9. Cub Pack 87, "Scouting Rocks."
10. Forks of the Delaware Shrine Club in Tin Lizzies "mini cars."
11. Tumble With Denise - "Upside Down & Witch Way."
12. Cadette Girl Scout Troop 381, "Smashing Into the Next Century."
13. New England Motor Freight, "Antique Trucks/Sept. 11 Memorial."
14. Carbon County Republican Club.
15. Lehighton Ambulance Association.
Form on Ninth Sreet, Mahoning to Coal.
Marshall: Dr. Thomas Harleman.
1. Franklin Township Police Chief Thomas Beltz.
2. Hobo Band.
3. Daisy Troop 38, "Tangled Up In Scouting.
4. Jim Thorpe Camping Resort, "Scary Campers."
5. Yeungling Beer Wagon with Leiby's Horses and Heisler's Milk Wagon.
6. Ronald Bowman, "Bone Yard Band."
7. Curious Kids Play & Learn Place, "Children Color Our World."
8. Senior Girl Scout Troop 3583, "Mummy, Can I Join Girl Scouts?"
9. 1947 John Deere Model A, Alden Everett.
10. North Side Cruisers, "Ghosts, Goblins, and Chariots."
11. Regional EMS and Critical Care Inc.
Marshalls: Chairperson Julie D. Harris and Larry Markley.
1) Carbon County Sheriff Department, Deputy Dan Long.
2. Blue Eagles Drum & Bugle Corps.
3. Carbon County Fair Queen Madeline Ligenza, and court.
4. Brownie Troop 329, "The Smurfs."
5. Carbon County Sheriff Dwight Nothstein and Election Posse.
6. Herbie the Love Bug & Friends, VW Club & Cars.
7. Brownie Troop 3167 and Daisy Troop 3176, "A Birthday Party."
8. Relay for Life of Palmerton and Surrounding Communities, "Rock Around the Clock for A Cure."
9. St. Matthew's Pre-school, "The ABC's of Halloween."
10. Mountain Karate Academy.
11. Back Alley Modz, '94 Toyota Celica, Founder A. J. Everett.
Form Eighth Street, Mahoning to Coal.
Marshalls: Todd Kriner and Andrea Kriner.
1. Franklin Township Police Department, officer Jason Doll.
2. Perserverence Jazz Band.
3. St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church, "Saving the Seeds With God's Word."
4. Cadette Troop 3510, "Check Your Candy."
5. Carbon County Technical Institute, Cosmetology Department, "Beauty Is Skin Deep - True Beauty Comes From Within."
6. Brownie Troop 3862, "Wonders of Water."
7. Philadelphia Ghostbusters, "Who Ya Gonna Call?"
8. Small World Day Care, "We Bring Out Their True Colors."
9. Antique Car, '49 Pontiac, Earl Kates.
10. Jim Thorpe National Bank, "Banking With JTNB Is So Easy, Even A Caveperson Can Enjoy It."
11. Dr. Samuel Dolgopol, "Meal With the Monsters."
12. True2Form Collision Repair Center, "Stop Texting."
Form Eighth and Coal Street, to Jamestown Road.
Marshalls: Dr. Edward Beckett and Robert "Butch" Moyer.
1. Carbon County Sheriff Deputy Dan McL:ean.
2. Shriners Oriental Band.
3. Junior Girl Scout Troop 3248, "All Aboard the Girl Scout Train."
4. Jack & Jill Pre-school, "At the Pumpkin Patch."
5. Zion Opera Workshop, "Z.O.W. - We Don't Only Wear Costumes for Halloween."
6. Cup Pack 82, "Blasting Off Into the Future."
7. Block Yamaha Kawasaki.
8. Elegant Arrivals Limousine.
9. Lehighton Athletic Booster Club, "LABC Rocks."
10. Jukebox Cruisers Car Club.
11. Wentz Racing "Weekend Warriors."
Form Ninth Street from Coal to Beaver Run Road.
Marshalls: Tom Silvonek and Barry Haupt.
1. Lehighton Police Department, Officer Matt Ahner.
2. DJ Taz Zombies.
3. Dance With Kim School of Performing Arts, "Celebrating 25 Years."
4. Troxell's Pumpkin Patch, "Fall Harvest.
5. Carbon County Democrats.
6. Yenser's Tree Farm, "Trees For Troops."
7. Lehighton Fire Department, Chief Gary Frable.
8. KME Fire Trucks.
9. Franklin Township Volunteer Fire Company, Fire Chief Bruce Wolfe.
10. Parryville Fire Company, Fire Chief Art Strohl.
11. East Penn Township Fire Company.
12. Mahoning Valley Volunteer Fire Company, Chief Mark Ebbert.