Sen. Argall TV report to focus on custom garment producer
This month's local TV report by Senator David G. Argall focuses on a local employer combining old and new industries.
Founded in 1900, FesslerUSA is a family-owned private label knitwear producer with a focus on custom garments.
Recently, the company embarked on a four year project, which added 1,608 solar panels that supply between 50 - 75 percent of the overall energy needed for the company to operate.
"FesslerUSA combines an old industry with new technology, which is the key to their success," said Argall. "Surviving the Great Depression and both World Wars, this local success story started 111 years ago with the grandfather of the current CEO, Walter Meck. My conversation with the Mecks emphasizes the company's ability over the years to adjust based on trends in the market. Featuring a half megawatt solar energy farm, FesslerUSA continues to make changes necessary to survive in a tough industry and economy in the 21st century."
FesslerUSA is one of the largest industrial solar power generating facilities in Pennsylvania.
The program will air on:
• Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10am and every Wednesday at 10:30pm.
• Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1
Get Local - Government - State Senate.
• Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3pm and 8:30pm and every Tuesday at 9am.
• Service Electric (Channel 19) the 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 7pm.
• The program is also available on Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton's WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.