Quick response saves home
LARRY NEFF/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
Quick response by area firefighters saved a home after a fire broke out in the fireplace chimney. Fire companies from New Ringgold, West Penn Township and Deer Lake responded to the alarm just before 3 p.m. Wednesday along Hillside Road just south of SR895 in East Brunswick Township. When firefighters arrived on scene flames were showing at the top of the masonry chimney. Firemen extinguished the blaze before it could penetrate the surrounding wood frame walls.