Skip to main content

Fire scare in Lansford

  • LARRY NEFF/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
    LARRY NEFF/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
Published November 16. 2011 05:01PM

Fire companies from Lansford, Coaldale and Tamaqua responded to a fire call just after 11 a.m. Tuesday morning at 10-12 E. Abbott St. in Lansford. Arriving first on the scene was Lansford Chief of Police John Turcmanovich who informed responding fire units of a smoke condition in the residence. Firefighters soon discovered the smoke to be from a motor of a washing machine located in the rear of the dwelling. Lansford fire police maintained traffic control at the scene. The house belongs to Arthur R. Williams.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Nearby

STEP-Up Tamaqua to meet Monday

40.798347, -75.970851

STEP-Up Tamaqua will...

Man faces charges for shooting his dog

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Charges have been fi...

Extension hosts annual dinner

40.7986942, -75.8104747

The Carbon County Ex...

Reader Photo Galleries