Skip to main content

Fire extinguished quickly in Lansford

  • ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/TIMES NEWS Lansford firefighters David Aungst and Bryan Zellner carry a heavy duty exhaust fan used to expel the black smoke from the home.
    ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/TIMES NEWS Lansford firefighters David Aungst and Bryan Zellner carry a heavy duty exhaust fan used to expel the black smoke from the home.
Published November 11. 2011 05:02PM

Firefighters in Lansford were quick to stop a kitchen fire at 240 West Bertsch St. around 10:30 p.m. yesterday.

Black smoke could be seen emanating out of a top story window as firefighters were seen using thermal imaging cameras to trace hotspots.

Fans were also placed at exit and entry points to expel the black smoke. Joe Greco, assistant fire chief, Lansford Fire Company, said, "Damage was limited to a portion of the kitchen behind the stove and ceiling."

Responding in addition to Lansford Police, were fire companies and fire police from Lansford, Summit Hill, Coaldale and Tamaqua. No serious injuries were reported.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries