Skip to main content

Outlet fire in Tamaqua

  • ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
    ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
Published May 26. 2011 05:00PM

Tamaqua firefighters were called to 216 Patterson St. just after 8 a.m. this morning for a report of smoke in a structure and outlet fire. When they arrived, they noticed the smoke emanating from a power socket in the living room. Earlier, homeowner Toni Antoinette Miller, who uses medical oxygen, heard a pop and then noticed flames shoot up her wall toward her curtains. She quickly stomped out the fire and called 911. She also removed her pets from the home. One witness stated, "Thank god Toni was home to notice the fire, or her whole house would have burned." No serious injuries were reported and the power was shut off awaiting a secondary electrical inspection. Firefighters placed exhaust fans to expel the smoke. Lansford Ambulance, Tamaqua Police and fire police responded. In photo firefighters place exhaust fans to expel the smoke.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Nearby

Faith Alive UMC hosts ‘Revival on Purpose!’

40.804927, -75.656958

Faith Alive UMC, 678...

Pumpkin social in Tamaqua

40.7986307, -75.9683447

Zion Lutheran Church...

Feed the People hosts Halloween celebration

40.830215, -75.88356

Feed the People is h...

STEP-Up Tamaqua to meet Monday

40.798347, -75.970851

STEP-Up Tamaqua will...

Reader Photo Galleries