Skip to main content

Schuylkill Co. man burned in fire

Published March 28. 2011 05:00PM

A Schuylkill County man was burned in a fire that erupted in his house and had to be pulled from it by a neighbor.

State police said the fire erupted at 305 Beechwood Ave., in the village of Mar Lin, Norwegian Township, about 11:26 a.m. on Friday, March 25. Trooper Michael J. Kowalick of the Reading barracks fire marshal unit, said the homeowners' son called neighbor Michael Turnitska, of 312 Beechwood Ave., and told him the home was on fire. Turnitska went to the home and found Jeffrey Adams Sr., 50, on a couch and the home filled with smoke.

Turnitskia was able to pulled Adams from the home and then called 911. Lar Lin Citizens Fire Company plus several surrounding companies responded to battle the blaze.

Adams was taken to the Lehigh Valley Hospital, Salisbury Township, and admitted to the burn unit in criticial but stable condition, troopers said.

Kowalick's investigation revealed the origin of the blaze was in the basement and was caused by careless dsiposal of smoking materials which ignited nearby combustible materials stored in the area.

The entire structure sustained heavey smoke damage and the basement sustained heavy smoke and fire damages.

Damages were estimated at $10,000. No one else was injured in the fire, troopers said.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar


October 2017


Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries