Marian Catholic students receive awards at state science competition
Sister Bernard Agnes, IHM, principal, at Marian Catholic announced three students received awards at the Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science State Competition held at Penn State University Park,
Robert Valente, Marian Catholic science teacher and Lorraine Piehota, retired Bishop Hafey science instructor were sponsors. Christine LaMonica and Valente served as chaperones.
• Christopher Ondish, senior, son of Andrew and Zelda Ondish; Behavioral Psychology, three-year State Perseverance Certificate, and second place presentation award.
• Stephen Valente, junior, son of Robert and Michele Valente; Chemistry, four-year $2,000 renewable scholarship to the Penn State University Park College of Agriculture, and first place presentation award.
• Victoria Vetter, junior, daughter of Harry and Dawn Vetter; Microbiology, $50 PJAS Directors Award, and first place Perfect Score Presentation Award.
In addition the following students presented research papers at the Junior Science and Humanities Symposium held at the Penn State Conference Center, University Park.
• Brandon Dopira, senior, son of Bonnie Dopira, Chemistry
• Christopher Ondish, Behavioral Psychology
• Connor Schleicher, senior, son of Phillip and Heather Schleicher, Chemistry
• Stephen Valente, Chemistry
• Victoria Vetter, Microbiology