Two Eldred Township roads to receive seal coating
The Eldred Township supervisors opened seal coating and material bids at the June 1 meeting. The seal coating bid was awarded with a 2-0 vote with supervisor Gretchen Gannon-Petit absent, to Pocono Spray Patching upon the township's engineer's review to be responsible and responsive for seal coating at $40,962.48 for Bollinger Road and $9,075 for Wes Flo Road for a total of $50,037.48. It was the lowest bid for both roads out of the five bids received.
Hanson Aggregates was awarded the bid for #2 at unit price of $6.25, #3 Unit price of $9.25, Patching $85, #8 unit price $10.75, #57 unit price $10.50, #67 unit price $10.75 FOB and Shiffer Bituminous was awarded the bid for oil at $2.95 FOB of 17,000 gallons, more or less, upon the township's engineer's review to be responsible and responsive.
Resolution 2011-04: Emergency Operations Plan, was approved, 2-0. The plan was prepared by Gary Hoffman,, in the event of various emergencies, giving direction as to would be done, places of shelters, etc. ... anything that needed to be done in case of an emergency.
The supervisors conditionally approved the St. Matthew's Church Land Development and Minor Subdivision Plan, with the following conditions:
1. Approval of the septic system.
2. Approval by Department of Labor and Industry for the newly proposed building structure, with respect to handicap accessibility and fire protection.
3. The Eldred Township Resolution, Deed of Dedication, and vacation of a portion of Church Lane are filed and are consistent in nature. (Note: The prior metes and bounds description were based on a 1970s survey; Mr. Fetch has resurveyed the property that now has a slightly different description. Mr. Fetch has agreed to provide an updated metes and bounds description, so all documents are consistent.)
4. Certification that the monuments and property corners have been set and sealed on the St. Matthew's Plan. (Note: Certification has been received from Mr. Fetch that concrete monuments and property corners have been set as per the land development and minor subdivision plan.)
5. Execution of the amended Agreement between the Eldred Township board of supervisors and St. Matthew's Church regarding the vacancy of a portion of Church Lane, the Dedication of the triangle parcel (which is still in full effect), and the Deed of Dedication, with the new metes and bounds description, however, compliant with the prior agreement.