Skip to main content

CO response in Coaldale

Published June 08. 2011 05:11PM

Firefighters in Coaldale were called to a four-unit apartment building at 129 East Phillips St. Wednesday morning (located next to the Laundromat) in response to a carbon monoxide alarm going off. When firefighters arrived it was determined the cause to be from someone trying to start the furnace with a blow torch. A female tenant took a baby to the hospital to get checked up as a precaution. Seven other tenants refused care. Police Chief Tim Delaney and Fire Chief Richard Marek turned off the furnace awaiting future inspections with the landlord. Marek pointed out that most carbon monoxide detectors have short life spans and need to be replaced regularly, depending on what the manual suggests. Lansford Ambulance and Coaldale Fire Police also responded.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar


October 2017


Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries