Skip to main content

Faulty extension cord cause of fire

Published July 27. 2011 05:02PM

A faulty extension cord was the cause of a fire that extensively damaged a Schuylkill County home.

State police at Frackville said the fire occurred at the residence of Jason and Bethany Clark, 215 Chestnut St., village of Mar Lin, Norwegian Township, on Saturday, July 23. The fire was discovered about 7:30 a.m. when Bethany Clark and her 11-year-old son were awakened by a neighbor, James Santai, who entered the home and escorted them to safety, troopers said.

As a result two neighboring dwellings sustained heat damage. Those properties were 507 Second St., owned by Peter Zadonek, with damage to siding and windows estimated at $5,000; and 213 Chestnut St., owned by Val and Magdalena Mentzer, siding and window damage estimated at $30,000.

The Clark home sustained an estimated $200,000 in damages.

Troopers said the fire started on a deck outside the home. A short in the extension cord ignited a vinyl shed situated on the deck which was used as a pool house, troopers said.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Nearby

Bombers get creative with parade floats

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Some of Palmerton’...

Man faces charges for shooting his dog

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Charges have been...

Extension hosts annual dinner

40.7986942, -75.8104747

The Carbon County Ex...

Reader Photo Galleries