Fire quelled in Walnutport
LARRY NEFF/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
Quick response by Walnutport area fire companies saved the lives of several occupants of a home at 420 Lehigh Gap St., all of them wheelchair bound. The flames broke out in the bathroom area of the one story single family wood frame home at 7:15 p.m. Sunday. When the fire companies were dispatched it was reported to be a working dwelling fire with entrapment. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and brought the occupants outside to safety. No injuries were reported in the incident.