Skip to main content

Oil burner fire extinguished in Lansford

  • Andy Leibenguth/special to the times news
    Andy Leibenguth/special to the times news
Published January 29. 2011 09:00AM

Lansford firefighters responded to a duplex home located at 235-237 East Ridge St. for a house fire just before 8 p.m. Friday.

When they arrived, they noticed smoke in both homes and determined the cause to be a malfunctioning oil burner motor, which was burning and emitting smoke, at the 237 address. Firefighters used a CO2 extinguisher on the motor and placed large exhaust fans at exit points to both homes to expel the smoke and minor traces of CO. No injuries were reported. Lansford Fire Police directed traffic away from the scene.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Nearby

Faith Alive UMC hosts ‘Revival on Purpose!’

40.804927, -75.656958

Faith Alive UMC, 678...

Pumpkin social in Tamaqua

40.7986307, -75.9683447

Zion Lutheran Church...

Feed the People hosts Halloween celebration

40.830215, -75.88356

Feed the People is h...

STEP-Up Tamaqua to meet Monday

40.798347, -75.970851

STEP-Up Tamaqua will...

Reader Photo Galleries