Skip to main content

Alarm response and odor scare in Tamaqua

  • ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
    ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
Published February 14. 2011 05:00PM

American Hose and East End fire companies were called to a section of three row homes located at 308-312 E. Broad St. (SR209) in Tamaqua after smoke detectors in two of the homes started going off. Affected families were temporarily evacuated during the search. Although visible smoke wasn't present a strong burning odor was permeating throughout the homes. Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera (TIC) to inspect the homes. Fans were used to expel the odor and help direct the odor to better trace its origin. Firefighters also accessed the roof to check the chimneys. After an hour-long search firefighters traced the source to a melting heating vent in 312 E. Broad St. No injuries were reported. Tamaqua Fire Police redirected traffic around the area.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

November 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   
  

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries