Skip to main content

Deer Lake man dies in residence

Published December 28. 2011 05:01PM

State police at the Schuylkill Haven barracks are investigating the death of a Deer Lake man.

Police said Richard Golab, 47, of 116 Maple Blvd., was pronounced dead at the scene at 3:28 p.m. Dec. 26 by Schuylkill County Deputy Coroner Scott Clew.

Police said the death appears to be accidental in nature. It is believed the man succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police said another occupant of the residence, Diane Squyres, 51, was treated for carbon monoxide inhalation at the Schuylkill Medical Center, Pottsville.

Police said members of the Deer Lake and West Brunswick Fire Company responded to the scene to assist in ventilating the smoke filled house.

An autopsy will be performed on the victim by Dr. Richard Bindie, Schuylkill County forensic pathologist, to determine the official cause of his death.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar


November 2017


Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries