CCTI students do well in district competition
The annual district conference of DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America) was hosted recently by the Carbon County Career and Technical Institute, with local students faring very well in the competition.
The event had 300 students competing in 28 national events.
CCTI had 35 trophy winners.
These students qualified to compete at the state conference, which will be held in Hershey in February.
Local qualifiers are:
• Accunting applications - Fallon Hill of Panther Valley (4th place).
• Automotive Services Marketing - Brook Dunbar of Lehighton (1st place).
• Business Services Marketing - Kristina Nunez of Jim Thorpe (1st place); Megan Roseman of Jim Thorpe (3rd place); Steven Frable of Palmerton (5th place) and Judy Stevens of Palmerton (6th place).
• Hotel and Lodging Management - Tasha Bender of Jim Thorpe (1st place).
• Marketing Management - Brandon Poole of Panther Valley (1st place).
• Principals of Finance - Alexis Huber of Palmerton (3rd place).
• Principals of Hospitality and Tourism - Tia Ivory of Lehighton (1st place).
• Principals of Marketing - Jocelyn DeMarco of Jim Thorpe (5th place).
• Quick Serve Restaurant Marketing - Ashley Pera of Jim Thorpe (6th place).
• Restaurant and Food Marketing Management - Becca Barnhart of Palmerton (4th place).
• Retail Merchandising - Alexis Young of Jim Thorpe (4th place) and Shelby Casey of Palmerton (5th place).
• Sports and Entertainment Marketing - Jess Kohutka of Jim Thorpe (7th place).
• Business and Law Ethics MDM Team - Melissa Rivera of Jim Thorpe and Jalissa Kuehner of Palmerton (1st place), and Megan Heil of Palmerton and Cara Shubeck of Panther Valley (4th place).
• Buying and Merchandising MDM Team - Sara Tompkins and Gaby Kline, both of Jim Thorpe (1st place).
• Financial Servics MDM Team - Jacob Evans and Shawn Bogner, both of Palmerton (1st place).
• Hospitality and Tourism MDM Team - Tyler Frable of Palmerton and Cheyenne McKinley of Panther Valley (2nd place), and Bree D'Esposito of Jim Thorpe and Kellyann Higgins of Palmerton (3rd place).
• Travel and Tourism MDM Team - Noel Nord-Holcomb of Jim Thorpe and Jordan Dotter of Palmerton (5th place).
• Marketing Communications MDM Team - Tyler Strohl of Palmerton and Jake Vargson of Lehighton (3rd place).
• Job Interview and Application - Lauren Meyer of Weatherly (4th place), and Alexis Tobin of Panther Valley (6th place).
• T-shirt Design Winner - Tasha Bender of Jim Thorpe (1st place).