Skip to main content

Palmerton firemen limit damage from dwelling fire

  • TERRY AHNER/TIMES NEWS  Firefighters from the Palmerton Fire Company work to extinguish a dwelling fire that occurred late Friday morning at 867 Mauch Chunk Road in Palmerton.
    TERRY AHNER/TIMES NEWS Firefighters from the Palmerton Fire Company work to extinguish a dwelling fire that occurred late Friday morning at 867 Mauch Chunk Road in Palmerton.
Published August 27. 2011 09:01AM

A lit match is believed to have caused a dwelling fire late Friday morning in Palmerton.

The Palmerton Fire Company was dispatched to a half-double home at 867 Mauch Chunk Road at around 11:30 a.m.

When firefighters arrived, the fire was smoldering. The fire was extinguished within five to 10 minutes. No injuries were reported.

Fire Chief Dennis Behler said the incident occurred after a child went upstairs and lit a match, which caused a bed to burn.

Behler said the fire caused major damage to the bedroom and minor water damage downstairs.

"The guys did a good job, held it to that room," Behler said. "The neighboring house only received light smoke."

The Aquashicola Fire Department, Palmerton Community Ambulance and Palmerton Police Department also assisted at the scene.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries