Skip to main content

Schuylkill fire ruled accidental

Published August 15. 2011 05:02PM

A fire in the Schuylkill County borough of Orwigsburg has been ruled accidental.

State police at Frackville said the fire occurred at 680 Liberty St., about noon on Sunday, Aug. 14. The fire started in a bedroom of the home. It was quickly extinguished by fire personnel.

The cause of the fire was determined to be faulty wiring in the area of an air conditioner and an electrical outlet in the bedroom. No one was injured but two cats perished in the fire.

The home is owned by Robert L. Shappell, 48. Damages were in excess of $100,000, troopers said.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Nearby

Faith Alive UMC hosts ‘Revival on Purpose!’

40.804927, -75.656958

Faith Alive UMC, 678...

Pumpkin social in Tamaqua

40.7986307, -75.9683447

Zion Lutheran Church...

Feed the People hosts Halloween celebration

40.830215, -75.88356

Feed the People is h...

STEP-Up Tamaqua to meet Monday

40.798347, -75.970851

STEP-Up Tamaqua will...

Reader Photo Galleries