Bob Ford/TIMES NEWS A sign has been placed at the corner of Routes 209 and 443 in Lehighton making people aware of Bike Night scheduled for Saturday, beginning at 11 a.m., in Lehighton. Looking at the sign are members of the Lehighton Downtown Initiative Committee (LDIC), l-r, Mary Lou Harvan, Elizabeth Reichard, Karen Reichard, and Todd Zimmerman. The LDIC is the sponsor of Bike Night this year. Maritza Mendez-Reinbold, a Lehighton artist painted that sign
Bike Night in Lehighton has some new things happening this year.
There's a new sponsor, fireworks are added, and there will be a "frozen T-shirt contest."
The 13th annual Bike Night will be held from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday.
The event benefits the Lehighton Police Department and the Lehighton Fire Department.
Sponsoring Bike Night this year is the Lehighton Downtown Initiative Committee.
The fireworks will be held at 9:45 p.m. at the Community Grove.
Todd Zimmerman, a coordinator for Bike Night, said the LDIC has lined up three local bands to perform in the Lehighton Band Shell.
Onguent will perform at 1 and 2:15 p.m.; Screaming Sunday takes the stage at 4 and 5:15 p.m., and A.D.D. entertains starting at 7 p.m.
Singer/songwriter Ethan Cramer will display his talents at 1:45 and 3 p.m.
Onguent began in 1977 and reunited again as a group in 2007. Onguent's hard rockin' drive adds a new flavor to favorite classic rock and country tunes.
Screaming Sunday was formed in 2008 and plays a wide variety of cover songs and rock hits from the 80s to the present.
A.D.D. formed in 2010 and was nominated for Best Upcoming Rock Band by Lehigh Valley Music Awards. A.D.D. plays classic rock and blues-based music.
Ethan Cramer recently recorded a new album "Finding Me." His specialty is alternative rock.
A motorcycle contest will be held with nine separate categories.
Bike contest judging will run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on South Street. There is a registration fee. Winners will be announced at 4 p.m.
Poker run registration is scheduled from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Bike Shop.
The list of events in conjunction with Bike Night is as follows:
• Poker Run Registration 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at The Bike Shop.
• Bike Contest Judging. Registration is 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on South Street.
• 1-1:45 p.m. - "Onguent, band shell.
• 1:45 - 2:15 p.m. - Ethan Cramer, band shell.
• 2:15-3 p.m. - Onguent, band shell.
• 3-3:45 p.m. - Ethan Cramer, band shell.
• 3:45-4 p.m. - Bike contest results, band shell.
• 4-4:45 p.m. - Screaming Sunday, band shell.
• 4:45-5:15 p.m. - Tattoo and frozen T-shirt contest, band shell.
• 5:15-6 p.m. - Screaming Sunday, band shell.
• 6-7 p.m. - Ms. Bike Night and He's A Hottie competition, band shell.
• 7-8:30 p.m. - A.D.D., band shell.
• 9:45 p.m. Fireworks.