County planners okay new Summit Hill substation for Lehighton Ambulance
Lehighton Ambulance Association received the green light from the Carbon County Planning Commission for a new substation in Summit Hill.
During the county planning commission meeting on Tuesday, the board voted to recommend approval for the project, which calls for combining three lots near the intersection of Ludlow and Elm streets, and constructing a 3,283-square-foot ambulance substation building with parking facilities and storm water controls.
Ivan O. Meixell Jr., county planner, explained to the board that "the plan, as submitted contains all preliminary/final plan requirements of the Summit Hill Borough Land Development Ordinances." He then recommended that the board approve the project.
The board also rejected a proposed land development by Churchview Downs LLC., at 1741/1777 Ben Salem Road in East Penn Township. The proposed development is a horse training and breeding facility with horse racing track/practice facility, and three 80-foot by 200-foot horse barn stables.
Meixell explained prior to the vote that the plan, "as submitted lacks preliminary plan and design requirements of the East Penn Township Land Development Ordinance." He outlined 13 points that need to be addressed to be in compliance of the ordinances.
Following his review, he recommended that the board recommend conditional plan rejection until all comments are addressed and mitigated.
In other business, the board also acted on the following proposals:
• David H., Paul T., and Anna M. Snyder received preliminary plan approval for a proposed subdivision on Snyder Drive, at the previously approved Snyder's Christmas Tree Hill Estates - Phase I subdivision in Franklin Township. The plans call for creating five lots on 5.436 acres of land. Currently, 13 lots have been developed and 29 are remaining to be developed.
• Jeffrey M. and Patricia M. Payne received approval for their plan at 53 E. Oak St., Banks Township. The plans call for combining two lots to create a new lot.
• Brian P. and Leslie A. Meckes received approval for a proposed subdivision near the intersection of Mahoning Drive East and Washington Road in Mahoning Township. The plan calls for subdividing 17.8 acres into two lots.
• Daniel J. and Constance M. Mahoney received approval for a proposed subdivision at 12 Danner Road, Penn Forest Township. The plans call for combining two lots into one lot.
• Coast to Coast Home Buyers, Jackie Caporaso, president, received approval for a proposed subdivision/lot line revision on Township Route 516 (Old Stage Road) in Penn Forest Township. The plans call for subdividing 144.651 acres into seven lots.
•Daniel D. and Caroline A. Sickonic received conditional plan approval for a proposed subdivision at 338-340 Lehigh Ave., Palmerton. The plans call for subdividing .15 acres into two lots.