Marian students receive awards at science competition
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS Science competition winners include, front row from left, Victoria Vetter and Christopher Ondish. Back row, Ryan Darrough, Brandon Dopira and Stephen Valente.
Sister Bernard Agnes, IHM, principal, at Marian Catholic has announced that five students received awards during the Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science Regional Competition held at Easton Area High School.
Robert Valente, chemistry instructor at Marian Catholic and Lorraine Piehota, retired Bishop Hafey science instructor, were the sponsors.
• Christopher Ondish, senior, son of Andrew and Zelda Ondish; Behavioral Psychology, a $50 PJAS Region 3 Award, 5 year Perseverance Certificate, and 1st Place Presentation Award
• Stephen Valente, junior, son of Robert and Michele Valente; Chemistry, a $50 PPL Award and 1st Place Presentation Award
• Victoria Vetter, junior, daughter of Harry and Dawn Vetter; Microbiology, a $100.00 Air Products Award and 1st Place Perfect Score Presentation Award
1st Place Award
• Brandon Dopiria, senior, son of Bonnie Dopira; Chemistry
2nd Place Award
• Ryan Darrough, freshman, son of David and Colette Darrough
First place winners will attend the state competition in May at Penn State University Park.