Skip to main content

Fire breaks out in Summit Hill garage

  • RON GOWER/TIMES NEWS
    RON GOWER/TIMES NEWS
Published April 04. 2011 05:00PM

Volunteer firefighters were summoned at about 9:15 p.m. yesterday to a garage fire on North Spruce Street in Summit Hill. A can containing sawdust began burning hours after hamburger grease was apparently discarded in it, according to officials. Summit Hill Fire Chief Shawn Hoben said the fire was contained to the can and was quickly extinguished, although heavy smoke filled the concrete garage. There were no reported injuries. Responding were firefighters from Lansford and Summit Hill. Also at the scene were police officers from Summit Hill and Lansford and the Lehighton Ambulance Corps. Fire police handled traffic control. Hoben ruled the cause accidental. The garage is owned by Paul McArdle Jr.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Nearby

Bombers get creative with parade floats

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Some of Palmerton’...

Man faces charges for shooting his dog

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Charges have been...

Extension hosts annual dinner

40.7986942, -75.8104747

The Carbon County Ex...

Reader Photo Galleries