Plan to renovate old home in Mahoning has green light
A proposed land development in Mahoning Township got the green light from the Carbon County Planning Commission recently.
During the monthly meeting of the planning commission on Tuesday, the board unanimously voted to recommend plan approval to Daniel and Jennifer Steigerwalt, for their plan to renovate an old home, located at the intersection of Blakeslee Boulevard West and Mill Road.
Ivan O. Meixell Jr., county planner, said the plan calls for the renovation of the home into office space. The couple, according to the plans, are the owners of Steigerwalt Chiropractic of Lehighton.
He noted that only 1.093 acres of the 17.577 acres on the property will be developed area.
Meixell then said that he could find no areas of non-compliance with the Mahoning Township Land Development ordinances and recommended the plan be approved.
In other matters, the board also acted on seven other plans. They are as follows:
• Joshua Roderick received plan approval for a proposed subdivision at 65 Poho Circle, Beltzville Lakes Estates, Towamensing Township. The plans call for combining two lots to create a 2.45-acre plot.
• Richard L. and Janet O. Hall, received conditional plan approval for a proposed subdivision/lot line revision at 4920 Interchange Road, Towamensing Township. The plans call for subdividing 1.004 acres from a 53.522-acre plot and combining the 1.004 acres with the couple's son's adjoining land to create a larger plot.
• Ursula A. Schaffer received conditional plan approval for a proposed subdivision that abuts the Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery in Bowmanstown. The plans call for subdividing 5.03 acres from Schaffer's 47.33 acres and giving the new 5-acre parcel to the Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery to enlarge the cemetery to 25.93 acres.
• Robert D. Weller received plan approval for a proposed subdivision at 3560 Hahn's Dairy Road, Lower Towamensing Township. The plan calls for subdividing 197.682 acres into two lots.
• Paul Berger received plan approval for a proposed subdivision at 4145 Fireline Road, Lower Towamensing Township. The plans call for the subdivision of 11.63 acres into three lots.
• Joann M. Yevcak received conditional plan approval for a proposed subdivision at the intersection of Yard and Stock streets, Village of Hauto, Nesquehoning. The plans call for the combining of two lots into one plot.
• Joseph and Bertha Miranda received conditional plan rejection for a proposed subdivision at 26/36 Garibaldi Ave., Nesquehoning. The plans call for subdividing one lot and combining the one portion of the new lot with an existing lot.