Annual Halloween Parade will be held October 23
The 40th annual Lehighton Area Halloween Parade will be held at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 23.
The rain date is 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 24.
Julie Harris said there are only two members of the Halloween Parade Committee who were members when the parade was revitalized in 1970. They are Charles Harris and Hilbert "Hilly" Haas.
The registration deadline for the parade is Friday, Oct. 15.
Registration forms can be obtained at:
• Larry Markley Insurance (Coal Street).
• Carbon County Music and More (First Street).
• Diggity Dog (First Street).
• Lehighton branch of Jim Thorpe National Bank (Fourth Street).
• Municipal Building.
• Zimmerman's Dairy (Bridge Street).