The WOW factor
* I enjoyed the letter written to the parents of the Hillary Rodham Clinton Elementary School Home of the "Fighting Pantsuits." First item brings toilet paper.
* Is it true statement by the Game Warden at Beltzville that the lake is for recreation and not fishing.
* Mr. Duffy (Jim Thorpe) quoted Tacitus "The more corrupt the state the more it legislates. No truer words for the Obama Administration and Health Care!
* Check out the four pages of properties with outstanding tax claims. Especially property (#19-21-A3 02) $137,539. See who owns this property on the Carbon County web site for public information.
* Is it Truth or Rumor the folks at Beltzville Lake must repair the broken sewer line going to the treatment plant since it is leaking into the lake? Just a Rumor.
* In 1884 the 14th Amendment did not confer citizenship on Indians because they were subject to Tribal Jurisdiction, and not US Jurisdiction. (Ann Coulter) My question is does that policy hold true for the clergy that fall under it's own sovereign immunity for prosecution?
* Guess who takes vacations in Spain, The Gulf, and The Vineyard all in one month?
* By the numbers 18.4 percent of us Americans were unemployed in July; 26.1 percent unemployment rate for teenagers and 131,000 jobs were lost in July. Where's the promise for a better future?
* 51 million children will be going back to school in the U.S. No not all here but, you need to drive safely for those going to school here. Remember they walk home from the bus stop.
* Just think about the recalls in our country: Peanut butter, spinach, eggs and hamburger. I'm not going shopping. It's what NOT to buy!
* My niece just celebrated her first day as a teacher, with children at their first day and she rescues sea turtles on their first trip to the ocean. It's still great to have first's in your life at any age.
From the pen of K Treger, Lehighton.