Skip to main content

Oven fire in Tamaqua Hi-Rise

  • ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
    ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
Published September 09. 2010 05:00PM

Emergency crews were called to the ABC Tamaqua Hi-Rise building on East Broad Street in Tamaqua around 11 p.m. Wednesday after someone reported a stove fire in apartment number 1210. All four Tamaqua Fire companies, Tamaqua Rescue, Tamaqua Ambulance, and Summit Hill / Lansford (RIT) Rapid Intervention Teams responded. Fire hoses were pulled, but not needed, as the small fire didn't spread outside the oven. The Tamaqua Fire Police closed a section of East Broad St (SR-209) during the response. There were no injuries.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries