Sixth annual Pumpkin Parade to be held Saturday in Lansford
A four-division Halloween parade will be held Saturday afternoon in Lansford.
Renee Slakoper, parade coordinator, said the sixth annual Panther Valley Pumpkin Parade & Ridge Street Children's Party will begin at 3:30 p.m. It is being sponsored by Lansford Alive.
The parade will begin forming at about 1:30 p.m. in the vicinity of Panther Valley Stadium and swimming pool.
Slakoper said the line of march begins on East Bertsch Street, to Tunnel Street, and ends on Ridge Street.
Trophies will be awarded by a panel of judges representing each of the Panther Valley boroughs.
Children not affiliated with an organization are invited to join the parade. They will march in the third division. Parents with strollers and wagons are welcome, she said.
Registration for children starts at 1:30 p.m. at the west end of the Panther Valley stadium.
There will be a costume contest for children participating in the parade at 3 p.m. Awards and medallions will be presented to the children at the Ridge Street party for the most original, most unique, prettiest, ugliest, scariest, and funniest costumes.
Slakoper said participants and children are invited to attend the Ridge Street party located in the business district immediately following the parade for trick-or-treating, hay rides, music, games, and pumpkin decorating.
She urged that residents and visitors are asked to observe streets and area designated as "no parking."
The lineup for the parade is as follows:
• Lansford Police Department, Chief John Turcmanovich.
• Panther Valley JROTC color guard.
• Panther Valley mayors riding in the Ebony & Ivory trolley.
• Panther Valley High School band.
• Committee to Elect Justin Yaich.
• Alex Shereba & son in 1957 Chevy.
• WLSH/WMGH and Maria Mihalsky in the Magic Van.
• Carbon County Republican Committee.
• Committee to Elect Doyle Heffley.
• St. Gabe's Club of Summit Hill.
• Panther Valley Youth Soccer.
• St. Luke's Miner's Memorial Hospital.
• Summit Hill Diligence Fire Company No. 1.
• Registered children.
• Elite Generation Wrestling.
• Riders for Child Protection.
• Delano Fire Company No. 1.
• Coaldale Fire Company.
• Lansford American Legion Riders.
• Carbon County Performing Arts.
• Nesquehoning Ambulance.
• Nesquehoning Fire Company.
• Lansford Ambulance.
• Lansford American Fire Company No. 1 with Santa Claus.