What it takes to be a Guardian Angel
Guardian Angels for Soldier's Pet foster home providers are carefully screened, selected, and chosen for the honor of caring for soldiers' pets due to a deployment or an emergency hardship.
• A pure love of animals and clear understanding of what is required to care for them;
• An intrinsic need to help in some way, support our military, and fulfill your own passion for animals;
• An understanding that the pet you love and care for will be reunited with its owner following a deployment or emergency hardship;
• The ability to honor the owner's wishes regarding the routine of the pet;
• All family members residing in your home are united in providing this truly unselfish and voluntary act of supporting our heroes.
There is no monetary compensation for the Guardian Angels. Costs related to pet care, such as food and medical, is normally covered by the owner and in some cases by the organization when funds are available. Guardian Angels are needed for short term (up to six months) and long term fostering (six to 18 months). Pets come to their Guardian Angels healthy, with a veterinarian issued health certificate and all current inoculations.
To contact Guardian Angels for Soldier's Pet, call the office at (254) 248-1818 or after hours voice mail at (501) 325-1591 or, send an e-mail message to info\@guardianangelsforsoldierspet.org.
Visit the group's website at www.guardianangelsforsoldierspet.org.