Memo to Tamaqua students, employees
The following five-point memorandum regarding Baccalaureate was approved by the Tamaqua Area School Board Thursday afternoon and was to be distributed today to students and employees.
1. The baccalaureate ceremony is a privately sponsored religious event. The Tamaqua Area School District is not and will not be involved in or associated with the baccalaureate ceremony and does not or will not endorse the ceremony in any way.
2. As a public school entity, the Tamaqua Area School District does not or will not require any student to attend the baccalaureate ceremony.
3. The Tamaqua Area School District may not and will not provide any information regarding the date, time, location or content of the baccalaureate ceremony to the students. Such information may be provided to parents, employees or public upon specific request.
4. In their official capacity, Tamaqua Area School District employees are prohibited from participating in the baccalaureate ceremony.
5. Tamaqua Area School District employees are not required to attend the baccalaureate ceremony and will not be required to attend the ceremony in the future.