Smoke scare on school bus
ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
About 7:20 a.m. today, Brockton Fire Company, Tamaqua Fire Department, Tamaqua Police and Tamaqua Ambulance responded to a call of "smoke" coming from the dash of a Tamaqua school bus on old Route 209 (Old 209 Road) in Tamaqua. The bus was parked on the side of the road when they arrived. They concluded the steam, not smoke, was very minor. The antifreeze or water was probably the result of overheating or a small leak. No students were on the bus. No one was hurt. The bus driver of Kistler Transportation said another bus took care of the bus route.