Skip to main content

Insulation fire in Tamaqua

  • ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
    ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
Published June 22. 2010 05:00PM

Around 6:30 p.m. on Monday volunteer firefighters from the Tamaqua Fire Department were called to a double-home located at 201 and 203 Market St. as a result of heavy smoke and small fire that started in an upstairs apartment of 203 Market St. Reportedly the fire and smoke started accidentally when someone was soldering pipe around the upstairs insulation. Firefighters quickly responded and removed the burning insulation as well as controlling adjacent hotspots. An exhaust fan was also used to expel the smoke. No one appeared hurt. Volunteers from the fire police redirected traffic until the scene was cleared.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Nearby

Bombers get creative with parade floats

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Some of Palmerton’...

Man faces charges for shooting his dog

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Charges have been...

Extension hosts annual dinner

40.7986942, -75.8104747

The Carbon County Ex...

Reader Photo Galleries