Supervisors award bids for stone, patching material
The Eldred Township board of supervisors opened sealed bids for the 2010 road work. Township Solicitor Michael Kaspszyk reviewed the bids and stated that all bids appeared to be responsible and responsive.
The board approved Hanson Aggregates, Inc. for all stone and patching materials for 2010 roadwork, 3-0.
• 100 Tons #2A - FOB plant - $6.00 per ton, Total $600.00
Delivered - $9.75 per ton, Total $975.00
• 250 Tons #3 - FOB plant - $9.00 per ton, Total $2,250.00
Delivered - $12.75 per ton, Total $3,187.50
• 100 Tons Bituminous Cold Patching - FOB plant - $80.00 per ton, Total $8,000.00
- Delivered - $83.75 per ton, Total $8,375.00
• 1250 Tons #8, 1% loss by wash - FOB plant - $10.50 ton, Total $13,125.00
Delivered - $14.25 ton, Total $17,812.50
• 300 Tons #57, 1% loss by wash - FOB plant - $10.25 per ton, Total $3,075.00
Delivered - $14.00 per ton, Total $4,200.00
• 300 Tons #67, 1% loss by wash - FOB plant - $10.50 per ton, Total $3,150.00
Delivered - $14.25 per ton, Total $4,275.00
The board approved 3-0 Shiffer Bituminous Service Co.'s bid for 25,000 Gallons CRS-2PM - FOB Plant - $2.40 per gallon, Total $60,000.00
The bid for the 2010 seal coating was awarded to Asphalt Maintenance Solutions for 12,144 SY Seal Coat - Unit Price $2.52, Total $30,602.88.
Roadmaster Borger stated that the road crew has been sealing alligator cracks in various roads, as well as mowing along the township roads.
Supervisor Sharon Solt and Helen Mackes attended a Monroe County Commissioners meeting earlier in the day. Each of the county municipalities were given a Certificate of Special Recognition for their partnership in helping Monroe County earning the 2010 Government Leadership in land Conservation Award.
Solt reported that Monroe County will be 175 years old on April 1, 2011 and the Monroe County Commissioners are planning an anniversary celebration for the 175 years that Monroe County has been in existence. Mackes and Solt volunteered to be on the anniversary committee.